Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"Cursed By Fire" - Danielle Annett

Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic, #1)Cursed by Fire by Danielle Annett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Freaking Phenomenal

Freaking. Awesome.

My inner book nerd is doing its happy dance. I loved this book. Do you know the feeling when you finish a book and you are grinning from ear to ear and you have that little bit of shortness of breath from excitement? That's what this book did to me. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sorry, but we obviously can't be friends.

The author did a fantastic job with making her storyline and ideas shine through with originality; especially in a genre that has been suffering from a lack of creativity. This book has been very aptly described as a dark fantasy and has more than lived up to my expectations. It has, in fact, far exceeded them.

There is plenty of artfully placed conflict, romantic tension, dark motives and manipulation woven throughout the entire book. It left me wanting so much more and I'm practically desperate to keep reading.

Aria is a fantastic kick butt heroine. She's smart, fierce, sassy without being overdone, and an all around fire wielding badass! And thank the book gods... no stupid freaking insta-dumb-love. Thank you Jesus. In fact, while there is a definite romantic tension element, it's not the focus of the book and it only adds to the story instead of blindingly taking over the book.

This book was a definite win for me and if you are anything like me, it's sure to be a win for you too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment