Friday, September 18, 2015

"Goddess" - Julie Anne Lindsey

Goddess (Calypso, #2)Goddess by Julie Anne Lindsey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review.


My rating is 2.5 stars.

I've come to the conclusion that this series just isn't for me. I went into this book with some high expectations after suffering through most of the first book in despair. By the end of book one, I was actually excited to read this book because of the turn that book one had taken. Unfortunately, I've been left disappointed.

While it's not as if the book is exceptionally bad, it just didn't capture my attention.

My biggest issue is that the actual plot and characters are completely at odds with each other. Let me explain.

The characters. Ugh. Gah. They are just ridiculously immature. They lack real development and there is just to much 'teenager' in them. Their interactions play out just like the 'Twilight' live triangle and its just head-pounding-against-a-wall frustrating. To be quiet frank, they disgusted me.

Now, take the plot. Here we have a bit of a conundrum. The plot has dark edges to it and plenty of intrigue and tantalizing turns. It left me absolutely confused on how these characters actually fit in with the plot. It ruined the entire book for me.

So, I guess my main malfunction with this book was that I could not reconcile immature characters with a mature plot. This book may be best suited for a younger reader who would view this as a young adult read with a dark edginess to it.

For me however, it was an utter disappointment and beyond annoying to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment