Thursday, September 17, 2015

"Prophecy" - Julie Anne Lindsey

Prophecy (Calypso, #1)Prophecy by Julie Anne Lindsey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

More like 3.5 Stars, but whatever. Semantics.


Okay friends, just bear with me the best you can during this review. It's most definitely going to be a hot mess.


So, I definitely hated this book... Until I didn't. It was really freaking predictable and boring and had stupid romance crap.... until it didn't. It was so very young young adult... until it wasn't.

Make sense?

No, I didn't think so either. Hence the self titled 'hot mess' review. Let me try to explain.

The writing wasn't anything extra spectacular but it definitely flowed nicely. The plot started off completely unoriginal and had so much stupid young teenage high school angst and was completely repetative. I even remember thinking to myself, 'sweet Jesus, not another freaking Twilight'...


....And then things started to happen...

The plot turned down a darker path and bam! Holy crap, VIKINGS!!!! Like very seriously, my mind was blown out into left field and then plot twist after plot twist kept me out there.

I absolutely could not believe how well this book bounced backed. By the last page, I was without a doubt fanning myself and grinning from ear to ear.

I'm thoroughly excited to start the next book. I just hope it is awesome from page one.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment