Saturday, October 24, 2015

'Legacy of Kings' - Eleanor Herman

Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1)Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Title: 'Legacy of Kings'
Author: Eleanor Herman
Publication Date: August 18, 2015
Genre: Fanasty
My Rating: 2.5 Stars


I was very kindly given a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

The author created an intriguing world that held promises of colorful characters and an epic story. Unfortunately, those promises quickly dried up into a mountainous heap of long winded boredom.

It was with extreme effort that I continued to read and finish this story. Honestly, I had extremely high expectations and I was severely disappointed in this stories 'lack of'. The entire story felt so stuck. The development of the plot was minimal and at times, I became downright confused thinking I had somehow missed a page. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how all of a sudden we were at a certain point in the book.

My rating of this book greatly reflects on the fact that I absolutely hated the characters. They were unoriginal at best, and at thier worst, they were cookie cutter shadows of the traditional roles that typically make up a high fanasty novel. You know what I mean. It's a typical cast of characters wearing the hats of the vengeful one, the struggling ruler, the evil one, the one on a doomed misguided mission, the lover, the piner, so on and so forth. Oh... And on a personal side note, what the heck was up with those names? Seriously? I get trying to be unique but at the same time, maybe if that much thought had gone into the actual story rather than character names, I would have enjoyed the book.

All in all, this one was just less than thrilling for me and missed it's mark.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment