Saturday, October 31, 2015

"Tainted Energy" - Lynn Vroman

Tainted Energy (The Energy Series, #1)Tainted Energy by Lynn Vroman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Title: Tainted Energy
Author: Lynn Vroman
Publication Date: April 2015
Genre: Young Adult/ Fanasty

My Rating: 3 Stars

I very graciously received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I'm going to divide this review into two parts:
1) What I really liked
2) What I found unappealing

The reason for this is because all in all, this book just wasn't my cup of tea and I don't want to turn off other readers who might really enjoy this book just because it wasn't for me. Let's begin.

First of all, is that cover just not amazing? I mean seriously, it's absolutely enthralling and makes you really want to just buy the book so you can display it on your bookshelf. Yes, I'm a cover whore. So sue me.

The actual idea for this story is very unique and not quite like anything I've ever come across before and that have the author huge points in my mind. I've been going through a dark fanasty phase so the more sinister aspects of this book completely drew me in and had me intrigued. Honestly, the very best part of this book was from the 65% mark until the 90% mark.

If definitely recommend this book to young adults who enjoy different worlds and fanasty stories with conspiracies.

Now, the main reason that this book just want for me was the way the author wrote it. For me, the execution of the storyline and the world building and even the characters relationships gave me whiplash trying to follow it. It was pretty confusing for me and honestly, downright annoying with how back and forth everything was.... Especially character interactions. It just wasn't something I found intriguing like some of these other reviewers but rather a bit like being the passenger in a student driver's car. Stop, go, stop, wait wait, go, stop. That pretty much sums it up.

My only other real issue was that I was pretty bored with the first half of the book. It doesn't just a little bit too much time on the 'young adult this is my angst filled life' and not on really explaining the different worlds and story building.

So all in all, I guess it boils down to a great idea with not enough push behind it's execution.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment