Monday, October 12, 2015

"The Truth" - Jeffry W. Johnston

The TruthThe Truth by Jeffry W. Johnston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Actual Rating: 2.5 Stars

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.


I honestly just didn't find this book speaking. I was completely drawn in by the description and I unfortunately found myself immediately bored with it.

While I definitely believe that many other people will enjoy this book, it most definitely wasn't for me, hence the middle of the road rating.

However, if your are like me, and have read books from author Jodi Picoult and desire a more mature writing style, then this book definitely isn't for you. It definitely had all the makings of 'a page turning, holy crap where did that twist come from and I can't believe that just happened!' novel.... Except that it just didn't live up to its potential. And yes, the clear downfall was the actual writing. It left me wanting, and not in a good way.


I believe that a younger crowd of readers would find this book engaging and chilling, but it just wasn't happening for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment