Tuesday, October 20, 2015

"Ugly"- Margaret McHeyzer

UglyUgly by Margaret McHeyzer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Title: "Ugly"
Author: Margaret McHeyzer
Publication Date: October 26, 2015
Genre: Dark Young Adult/New Adult

My Rating: 4 Stars


I was graciously gifted with a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review.

This book broke my heart and tore me down to the very bottom of my soul. It was a haunting emotional force of nature.

It hurt to read this book. It hurt to feel the way I felt while I read this book. It was emotionally scarring to live through Lily's pain and it was positively the most beautifully broken chaotic wreckage of a novel that I've ever read.

The author did a fantastic job writing something so dark and something that is still so often pushed to the corners and hidden in the shadows.

Domestic violence is one of the hardest issues for most people to grasp and understand and the author put a blinding spotlight on its very real and very dark and desperate truth.

It can happen to any of us. We could be your neighbors. Your friends. Your coworkers. Your boss. Your daughter. Your sister. We could be anyone. We could be Lily.


This book is a sucker punch to the chest. It will capture you and draw you in until you feel as of you are drowning, and the only way to save yourself is to keep reading.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment