Thursday, December 31, 2015

"Rising Shadows" - Bridget Blackwood

Rising Shadows (World in Shadows Book 1)Rising Shadows by Bridget Blackwood
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Title: Rising Shadows
Author: Bridget Blackwood
Series: World in Shadows #1
Publication Date: February 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance
My Rating: **2 Stars**

My Review:

I can really see why people would be hooked by this story and the way the author portrays the characters. For me personally, it was all together too much and not enough all at the same time.

I just felt like I wanted more world building and a deeper background to the characters so i could really get behind them and what they were going through. I wanted to know more of what was going on and I felt like the story lacked any real depth.

Wait, maybe depth isn't the right word.... but I just know that I was given a tiny taste of greatness and I needed to know more. It was completely frustrating and put most of the book into a bad light for me.

My other problem was that there was too much going on too quickly. The kindle version of the book is a little over 100 pages and we were slammed with almost six different point of views with uneven narration and the flipping back and forth of perspectives gave me whiplash. It was just so much trying to happen all at once.

So, yeah...

Basically, a fantastic and intriguing idea with not enough detail and a rushed multi-person perspective... Kind of like this run on sentence.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment