Thursday, January 28, 2016

"Ariel" - Donna McDonald

Ariel (Nano Wolves #1)Ariel by Donna McDonald

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Title: Ariel
Author: Donna McDonald
Series: Nano Wolves, #1
Publication Date: February 2015
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy
My Rating: 2 Stars

Overview:

Despite her sharp scientific mind and her degree in bio-molecular genetics, Dr. Ariel Jones hasn’t figured out how her life changed so much in a single day. Before she can blink and ask about what is going on, she’s being shot with a billion nanos and some very potent wolf blood.

Now she can suddenly turn into a giant white wolf with the blood-lust of a starving animal.

My Review:

I was given a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review.

If I had to describe this book in one word, it would have to be 'bored'.

While the idea behind the main characters' transformation into a wolf was intriguing and not something I have seen done before, I just found myself entirely bored with the whole book. It just didn't have that extra 'bite' that I was hoping for. Instead, it came across as very monologue-ish and entirely distant.

Too bad, because it was a fine idea.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment