Sunday, January 31, 2016

"Gifted Thief" - Helen Harper

Gifted Thief (Highland Magic, #1)Gifted Thief by Helen Harper

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Title: Gifted Thief
Author: Helen Harper
Series: Highland Magic #1
Publication Date: January 26, 2016
Genre: Fantasy/Paranormal
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

My Review:

I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review.

Wowzers!!!!

Did I mention how fortunate I was to get a copy of this book!? Because, it wasn't just fortunate. It was as if the book gods looked down upon me and smiled. They said, our poor avid fantasy lover reader has not found a new series to fall head over heels in love with this year. We must remedy that. Here, have this book!

Okay, book gods and all aside, this was freaking fantastic. I mean seriously, it has the best recipe for a freaking amazeballs book. Its like the author made a check list of all things phenomenal and somehow managed to include every single thing on her list without even having to try! The book was absolutely along the lines of being epic with the author making it look effortless.

The characters are kick butt fantastic. I mean, come on! Who doesn't like a sassy strong female lead who has the worst jokes this side of the continent? Its just a big ball of awesome. A new twist on fae in a modern world has a needs no saving criminal with morals lead character with a midget sidekick genie with a knack for disastrous wishes and the ultimate hands-off-no-touchy-bad-boy-dreamcicle. Yeah, its that kind of awesome.

My only real disappointment is, that while I've been supremely lucky in receiving an arc copy of this book, who knows when the next book comes out!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment