Sunday, January 3, 2016

"The Hunted" - Kristy Berridge

The Hunted (The Hunted #1)The Hunted by Kristy Berridge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Title: The Hunted
Author: Kristy Berridge
Series: The Hunted #1
Publication Date: April 2011
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy
My Rating: ***** 5 Stars *****
My Review:

Fantastic. Fan-FREAKING-tastic. So unbelievably awesome. Thank you book gods for smiling down upon me at the begining of 2016 and seeing fit to bestow upon me a series worth biting into.

Its everything that the paranormal fantasy genre has been built on but so much more. You can not imagine how many times I was squealing and jumping up and down because my nerdy need for a good paranormal book was fulfilled. More than fulfilled. My cup run'eth over.

!!!!

I'm beyond giddy, if you can't tell. I'm serious. If I have to read one more wanna be paranormal Twilight copycat- I'm going to burn down the publishing company who published it. So imagine my absolute joy at finding a book with a complete and absolutely different kind of story.

Yes, we have werewolves and we have vampires and we have magic wielders... *ahem* Protectors. Not only that, but we have a kick butt, sassy, can take care of herself- don't need no saving here heroine. She is beyond bad-ass. She is like... the anti-Bella of paranormal books everywhere. Thank you Jesus!

(P.s. - I actually loved the Twilight series. The aftermath of unoriginal books trying to copy the epic that was Twilight? Yeah, not so much)

Bottom line, this book is A-mazing. Capital 'A' here! I highly recommend this book to anyone, everywhere.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment