Saturday, January 16, 2016

"The Hunter's Moon" - Beth Trissel

The Hunter's Moon (The Secret Warrior Series,#1)The Hunter's Moon by Beth Trissel

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Title: The Hunter's Moon
Author: Beth Trissel
Series: The Secret Warrior Series #1
Publication Date: December 2015
Genre: Young Adult/Romance

My Rating: 2 Stars

Overview:

Seventeen-year-old Morgan Daniel has been in the witness protection program most of her life. But The Panteras have caught up with her and her younger brother. Her car is totaled, she's hurt, and the street gang is closing in when wolves with glowing eyes appear out of nowhere and chase away the killers.

Then a very cute guy who handles a bow like Robin Hood emerges from the woods and takes them to safety at his fortress-like home.

And that's just the first sign that Morgan and her brother have entered a hidden world filled with secrets...

My Review:

I was very kindly given a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review.


This book was just not for me. While it has a very interesting idea, in fact, an idea I've never come across before in the plethora of shape shifting young adult books, the tone of the writing just absolutely killed it for me.

Basically, in a nut shell, the story and ideas of the story were well thought out and very intriguing but the absolute juvenile writing made me want to gouge my eyes out. Dramatic, I know, but I'm trying to make a point.

I can't even suggest this book to a much younger crowd though because some of the content is not something I would want my middle school aged child to read (if I had a middle school aged child that is). Its a shame really, because this one sure had the potential to be phenomenal.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment