Saturday, February 6, 2016

"Sapient Salvation 1" - Jayne Faith


Sapient Salvation 1: The Selection (Sapient Salvation Series)Sapient Salvation 1: The Selection by Jayne Faith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Title: Sapient Salvation 1: The Selection
Author: Jayne Faith
Series: Sapient Salvation #1
Publication Date: October 2015
Genre: Young Adult/Science Fiction
My Rating: 4 Stars

Summary:

Twice a year, the alien Lord Toric demands a selection of human women between the ages of 18 and 20 to compete for a place in his harem. Maya must get through just one more selection and then she can marry the man of her dreams. She should have been safe, but when a young woman who was supposed to compete dies the day of the selection, Maya is forced into the competition.

My Review:

I absolutely devoured this book! I read it in one sitting and I was left wishing it hadn't ended.

This book is probably one of the best recipes that takes ideas from some other books and comes out of the oven even better than its predecessors! Think hunger games plus 'The Selection" minus the crappy reality T.V. angle (thank God!) plus just enough spicy originality and you've got yourself one freaking awesome book.

I absolutely could not get enough of this story! The characters definitely had to grow on me but the rest of the story made it easier to bear. I say this, because at first, the characters seemed young, dumb, and immature. Wow, that sounded harsh! I just meant that I wasn't too fond of them. I remember rolling my eyes around chapter two and thinking to myself that it was going to be another one of 'those' books. You know, cookie-cutter-paranormal-teenage-angst. Fortunately for me, this was so not the case. The characters actually drastically improved as the story built and I found myself hooked.

The world that the author sets up gets my geeky little book loving heart pumping and I swear, I'm like a middle school girl squealing and jumping up and down in my head. I absolutely can't wait to see how this is going to turn out. This book was such a tease. I am left wanting so much more!

Trust me when I say that you want to read this book! You won't be disappointed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment